ECT Justice is an independent advocate for ECT survivors and the families of those injured by ECT. It is not a part of or supported by any other organization. Below are links to the sites of other individuals and organizations with a proven record of supporting ECT survivors and of working for psychiatric reform. Many ECT survivors and their families have found this information useful.
- Connect with other ECT Survivors on Facebook!
Electro Shock Survivors (ECT) Support Group
- Activist Lauren Tenney’s blog radio show 9-11EST at Real Life. Real Answers.
- Rethinking electroshock and other mental health industry practices – KBOO Community Radio
- Rethinking electroshock – KBOO Community Radio
- Electroshock protest in Clackamas – KBOO Community Radio
- Electroshock survivor arrested at protest in Clackamas – KBOO Community Radio
General ECT Information & Your Rights
- How Can We Transform Psychiatric Drugging Culture?
A video that relates drugging and ECT.
The Law Project for Psychiatric Rights (PsychRights) is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) public interest law firm whose mission is to mount a strategic legal campaign against forced psychiatric drugging and electroshock.
- Rethinking Psychiatry
Rethinking Psychiatry is a project of the Economic Justice Action Group of the First Unitarian Church.
Education, Advocacy, Support and Empowerment for Mental Health Rights and Re-Inventing the Village
The International Society for Ethical Psychology & Psychiatry
- www.CCHR.org – Citizens Commission on Human Rights
Watchdog Investigating & Exposing Psychiatric Human Rights Violations
Peter R. Breggin, MD, has been called “The Conscience of Psychiatry” for his many decades of successful efforts to reform the mental health field.
- www.MindFreedom.org – Mind Freedom
For over 25 years, MindFreedom International has been a non-violent and loving force for CHANGE in the mental health system, with these 3 simple goals in mind:
- Challenge human rights abuses by the psychiatric industry.
- Promote safe, humane and effective alternatives in mental health care and self-care.
- Support the self-determination and right to free, critical thought of ALL human beings (normal or not!)
- www.ECT.org – Information about ECT
[In this site] You will find a great deal of information on electroconvulsive therapy – pro, con and neutral.
- www.PsycheTruth.net – Information to improve your life
A good resource for mental, spiritual and physical well-being.
The Coalition for the Abolition of Electroshock in Texas.
Science, Psychiatry and Community
Wellness Recovery Action Plan and Recovery Books
- ICBE- International Campaign to Ban Electroshock
The ICBE is working together with other people and groups around the world to help ban ECT universally.